Following are my statements about time & these understanding I got after I properly assimilated all observations of nature
1. Time is result of a natural process – one revolution of earth is one day, so on..etc. Man has just found a way to streamline his activities to maximize the utilization of day time.
2. From day one, human is fighting with the time in proving his superiority over other creatures
3. After that, human started racing against his old records and beat each record at least by 1 second (or even nanosecond) & show to the world he becomes better and better over a period
Now time management becomes integral part of life which requires specific skills to be developed to compete with other people in the world. Better time management leads
i) greater success ratio in career & personal life
ii) allows one to achieve more
iii) increase efficiency & effectiveness of an activity
Current researches relates every particle in the universe to ‘Time’ in one or the other way. Either approachability, rotation, size, etc are compared in terms of time. So humans are no exception for this.
Mind build time sense by nature. My mind sets time for each activity & keeps on calculating lapsed time, remaining time, over time, in different angles based on critical nature of the task. Sense of urgency – increases my heart beat, makes me think faster than light, make me work faster than usual.
World is like a race ground – all are running. One who completes faster gets appreciation, praise, monetary benefits. The one runs slow gets blame, scold, no monetary benefits. Race is by nature. You cannot stop it or take rest. You have to run or at least walk to beat someone who walks slower than you, otherwise it is not possible for you to survive. Life is counted as number of years, days, hours, minutes you lived. Unless you develop time sense in you, it is very difficult to cope up with expectations.
Practice makes a man perfect – this statement is 100% true for time management. Time management requires practice in every aspect. So, how do I practice? Start in small steps.
1. Increase your daily active life at least 10 – 15 mins by waking up earlier than the time you wake up daily.
2. Don’t be lenient on holidays. Wake up same time on Sunday too.
3. Follow a cyclic process – Set time goals, observe & take corrective actions for future.
4. Prioritize as much as possible. Force your prioritizing to broader level. Don’t just put all of them in 1,2,3 levels. Have unique level for each of them. If you have 20 activities in hand, have 20 priority levels. This gives unambiguous execution order. But do remember #3, and modify the priority levels based on current situations.
5. Have good mental health – everyday perform activity that gives you happiness at least for 10 minutes like talking to your parents, spouse, watching comedy videos, reading books that you felt close to your heart, washing your car, cleaning home, playing with your kids or pets.